Sanchez: Knee surgery went well
Sanchez, who led New York to the AFC title game as a rookie, tweeted after the procedure Wednesday afternoon that Jets team doctors said it was a success.
He will miss some offseason workouts, which begin next month, but should be completely healthy by the start of training camp in July. The procedure is expected to help prevent future tweaks to the kneecap area.
Sanchez dislocated the kneecap during fall practice before his junior season at Southern California. He has worn a brace on the knee since, but aggravated the injury against Carolina on Nov. 29 when the kneecap popped out and back into place.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Mark Gastineau Wall Graphic