Gilbride Jr. moves over from Temple
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The son of offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride has been added to the New York Giants coaching staff.
Tom Coughlin announced the hiring of Kevin Gilbride Jr. as the new offensive quality control coach. He replaced Sean Ryan, who was elevated to receivers coach last week.
The younger Gilbride spent the previous three seasons as the wide receivers coach at Temple.
Before working at Temple, Gilbride coached receivers and tight ends and did some work on special teams at Georgetown in 2006. The 30-year-old also was a graduate assistant at Syracuse for two seasons.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's New York Giants Fan Royal V-Neck Shirt