Saints tender OT Brown, 12 others
NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club has tendered qualifying offers to offensive tackle Jammal Brown, safety Roman Harper and 11 others players slated to become restricted free agents next week.
Loomis says offers were also made to offensive tackles Jermon Bushrod and Zach Strief; safeties Chris Reis and Usama Young; defensive linemen Remi Ayodele and Anthony Hargrove; wide receivers Lance Moore and Courtney Roby; linebacker Marvin Mitchell; tight end David Thomas; and running back Pierre Thomas.
The Saints declined to disclose the terms of the offers.
Players may wait to see if they receive better offers from other teams before agreeing to contracts with the Saints. If another team offers more money, the Saints have the right to match it.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman New Orleans Saints 9'x9' Straight Leg Canopy Tent