Source: Burleson gets $11M guaranteed
Burleson tweeted Saturday morning: "It is official so 'Go Lions.' "
In going to Detroit, Burleson will reunite with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Under Linehan, Burleson had his best season in 2004 when he caught 68 passes for 1,006 yards.
According to the source, Burleson will receive $11 million in guarantees.
Burleson, 28, was considered one of the top receivers in free agency. He had been with the Seahawks the past four seasons. His contract voided this year, making him an unconditional free agent.
The Lions will count on him to complement receiver Calvin Johnson and perhaps give their special teams a reliable returner.
John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 FREE AGENCY
- Rawlings Detroit Lions Goal Line Softee Football