As expected, Jones, Strickland released
The Jets announced earlier in the week they would let Jones go Friday despite his setting career highs by rushing for 1,402 yards and 14 touchdowns and helping New York to the AFC championship game.
Jones was due a $3 million roster bonus and a $2.8 base salary.
Strickland spent one injury-plagued season with the Jets in which he played nine games and had two sacks. He dealt with a lingering quadriceps injury, a concussion and a broken pinkie during the season, and suffered a groin injury in the AFC Championship Game.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
- Peterson aims to practice Friday; Cassel QB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's New York Jets Fan Green V-Neck Shirt