Panthers' Moore signs 1-year tender
Moore's agent, Lynn Lashbrook, says Moore preferred to sign the tender rather than test the free agency market. Thursday's move comes a week after the Panthers released longtime starter Jake Delhomme.
The 25-year-old Moore went 4-1 as a starter with eight touchdowns and two interceptions and a passer rating of 98.5 after Delhomme was sidelined with a broken finger at the end of last season.
The Panthers placed the highest possible tender on Moore, meaning a team would have had to surrender first- and third-round draft picks to Carolina to sign the restricted free agent.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mo' money: NFL teams split $6B in revenue
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 FREE AGENCY
- Antigua Women's Carolina Panthers Leader Black Full-Zip Jacket