Panthers' Moore signs 1-year tender
Moore's agent, Lynn Lashbrook, says Moore preferred to sign the tender rather than test the free agency market. Thursday's move comes a week after the Panthers released longtime starter Jake Delhomme.
The 25-year-old Moore went 4-1 as a starter with eight touchdowns and two interceptions and a passer rating of 98.5 after Delhomme was sidelined with a broken finger at the end of last season.
The Panthers placed the highest possible tender on Moore, meaning a team would have had to surrender first- and third-round draft picks to Carolina to sign the restricted free agent.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Packers' Rodgers won't play vs. Cowboys
- Fight leads to stabbings after Broncos game
- Vikes' Peterson questionable vs. Eagles
- Source: Late again, Mincey cut by Jaguars
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 FREE AGENCY
- Nike Women's Carolina Panthers Black Play Action Hooded Long Sleeve Shirt