Source: Bell agrees to Eagles deal
For the first time this offseason, a restricted free agent has reached agreement on an offer sheet with another team.
Saints restricted free-agent running back Mike Bell signed a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, and a league source said it's worth $1.7 million, includes $500,000 guaranteed and could be worth over $2 million if he hits his incentives.
The Saints will have seven days to match the offer sheet. If they decline, Bell becomes Eagles property without Philadelphia having to surrender any draft-choice compensation.
Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- Broncos' visits to Bama catch NFL's attention
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 FREE AGENCY
- Antigua Men's New Orleans Saints Black Succeed Quarter-Zip Jacket