Source: Bell agrees to Eagles deal
For the first time this offseason, a restricted free agent has reached agreement on an offer sheet with another team.
Saints restricted free-agent running back Mike Bell signed a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, and a league source said it's worth $1.7 million, includes $500,000 guaranteed and could be worth over $2 million if he hits his incentives.
The Saints will have seven days to match the offer sheet. If they decline, Bell becomes Eagles property without Philadelphia having to surrender any draft-choice compensation.
Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 FREE AGENCY
- Riddell New Orleans Saints Ultimate Hand