One case against ex-Lion dismissed
Boyd was accused of forcing the girl to have sex in 2006 at Fraser High School, where he was a substitute teacher and track coach. The now-19-year-old woman testified they had consensual sex at least six times.
Roseville District Court Judge Marco Santia ruled Wednesday there wasn't enough evidence to support the charge of third-degree criminal sexual conduct.
The 38-year-old Boyd still faces a case involving a now 16-year-old girl who testified he offered her $5,000 to have sex but gave her only $200.
In that case, he's charged with first- and second-degree criminal sexual conduct and accosting a minor for immoral purposes.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson #81