Report: Police finishing investigation
The investigation into a sexual assault allegation against Pittsburgh Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger will likely be finished without a second interview with the quarterback, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on Friday.
"We're getting close to the end," Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue told the newspaper on Thursday.
A 20-year-old woman told police Roethlisberger, who had been out barhopping with friends, assaulted her early March 5. Roethlisberger has not been charged. As previously reported by ESPN's Kelly Naqi, Roethlisberger talked to Milledgeville police the night of the alleged attack.
Roethlisberger, 28, said then he would come back to Georgia for an interview with police and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. It hasn't happened and Blue doesn't expect they will.
"We're still hoping [for an interview], but I doubt we'll get it," Blue said.
Ed Garland, an attorney for Roethlisberger, has said the quarterback is innocent of any crime and that no sexual assault occurred.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Backup Manziel says he needs to earn way
- Doctors: Jim Kelly has no evidence of cancer
- Texans' Clowney exits practice after collision
- Ex-ref asked off Redskins games due to name