Reed signs $2.814M tender offer
Reed is the most accurate kicker in Steelers history, converting 83.3 percent of his career attempts (189-of-227). He was 27-of-31 last season.
Reed, who was in position to become a free agent before being designated as the franchise player, is hopeful of signing a long-term contract.
Reed signed one day after a Pittsburgh judge dismissed disorderly conduct and public drunkenness charges against him. Reed was charged in October following a postgame incident with police outside of a bar near Heinz Field.
Judge Richard King dropped two charges in March and told Reed he would also dismiss the remaining two charges if Reed completed community service.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Pittsburgh Steelers 2013 Training Camp Grey Legend T-Shirt