Portis cleared for Redskins' minicamp
Redskins general manager Bruce Allen said Saturday, the second day of the minicamp, that the Redskins had "some of the best medical experts across the country" analyze Portis, who was hurt in a helmet-to-helmet hit during a game on Nov. 8 and struggled with vision problems and dizziness.
Allen said, "He's been cleared for practice."
The GM also said he is not disappointed that defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth stayed away from new coach Mike Shanahan's first minicamp.
"It's voluntary," Allen said.
The Redskins have looked into trading Haynesworth.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alternate Game Jersey Washington Redskins Robert Griffin Iii #10