Ravens' Oher gets book deal
NEW YORK -- The NFL star whose life inspired the book and movie "The Blind Side" is now telling his own story.
Gotham Books announced Monday that Michael Oher's "I Beat the Odds" will be published in February 2011.
Oher rose from poverty in Memphis, Tenn., to fame as an offensive lineman for the Baltimore Ravens. His story became a best-selling book by Michael Lewis and a popular movie starring Sandra Bullock as Leigh Anne Tuohy, Oher's foster mother.
Tuohy and her husband, Sean, also are working on a memoir, due this summer.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
- McCoy wants Eagles' 'offense on my back'
- Colts punter: Defenseless label a setback
- Bush says lack of discipline hurting Lions
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Baltimore Ravens Base Authentic Logo Black T-Shirt