New trial denied for Williams' killer
The Colorado Supreme Court on Thursday denied Willie Clark's request for a delay in sentencing and review of the trial court's rejection of his request for a new trial. Clark is to be sentenced Friday for first-degree murder.
A jury convicted Clark in March in Williams' death. The football player was shot to death on New Year's Day 2007, after both men had left the same night club.
On Tuesday, District Judge Christina Habas denied Clark's request for a new trial. Clark sought a new trial, claiming juror misconduct that included discussions of evidence before deliberations began.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mo' money: NFL teams split $6B in revenue
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Denver Broncos Logo Wall Graphic