Martin elected NFL Alumni, Inc. CEO
NEWARK, N.J. -- Former New York Giants defensive end George Martin has been elected chief executive officer and president of NFL Alumni, Inc.
Martin spent his 14-season career with the Giants before retiring in 1988, and also was president of the NFL Players Association.
The announcement was made Wednesday.
The 57-year-old Martin takes over for Frank Krauser, who will stay on as a consultant.
Martin says he is looking forward to the challenge of "improving the quality of life issues for all former NFL players."
In March, the NFL and the NFL Alumni Association established a neurological care program for retired players with specialists at five medical centers around the country.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico New York Giants #1 Fan Decorative Metal License Plate