Police: 100 Vicodin pills in Ellison's car
Police say the 23-year-old was arrested Monday afternoon after he was stopped for speeding in a school zone near his former high school.
Sgt. Peter Grimm says a search of Ellison's vehicle turned up 100 pills of Vicodin, which is a controlled substance. He was booked and released on $10,000 bail.
Grimm says Ellison didn't have a prescription and even if he did, it was an unusually large amount of pills for a pharmacist to distribute.
"It's disappointing to hear about the issue involving Kevin Ellison," Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said in a statement released Tuesday. "We'll continue to monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course."
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Salute to Service Game Jersey - San Diego Chargers Philip Rivers #17