Police: 100 Vicodin pills in Ellison's car
Police say the 23-year-old was arrested Monday afternoon after he was stopped for speeding in a school zone near his former high school.
Sgt. Peter Grimm says a search of Ellison's vehicle turned up 100 pills of Vicodin, which is a controlled substance. He was booked and released on $10,000 bail.
Grimm says Ellison didn't have a prescription and even if he did, it was an unusually large amount of pills for a pharmacist to distribute.
"It's disappointing to hear about the issue involving Kevin Ellison," Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said in a statement released Tuesday. "We'll continue to monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course."
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Diego Chargers Pique Xtra-Lite Blue Polo