Seahawks add utility man Stanback
The team announced the move Tuesday.
The 26-year-old Seattle native played for the Huskies through the 2006 season.
Stanback caught two passes in 10 games and returned 13 kickoffs in two seasons with Dallas, which drafted him in the fourth round in 2007. The Cowboys cut him after training camp last season.
New England signed him to its practice squad in September. He joined the active roster in November and played in six games, with two starts.
The Patriots released him on Thursday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
- Tervis Seattle Seahawks 24 oz Colossal Wrap Tumbler