Glover to aid in player transition
ST. LOUIS -- Retired defensive tackle La'Roi Glover has a new job for the St. Louis Rams -- helping young players make the transition to professional football and learn how to deal with off-the-field matters.
The Rams announced Wednesday that Glover has been named director of player programs.
Glover played 13 NFL seasons and was named to six straight Pro Bowls. He spent his final three seasons in St. Louis before retiring in 2008.
Glover says he looks forward to working with young players and helping them manage the complexities faced by professional athletes.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman St. Louis Rams Quad Chair with Cooler