Davis to undergo ACL surgery
Agent Todd France said in an e-mail Friday that Davis will have the surgery on his right knee in Charlotte. It will be performed by Panthers team doctor Pat Connor.
Davis had been contemplated having the surgery performed in Alabama by Dr. James Andrews.
Davis first tore his ACL in a Nov. 8 game at New Orleans. He had been making a speedy recovery until he re-injured his knee Tuesday while backpedaling in a non-contact drill.
The Panthers haven't ruled out Davis returning late this season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Carolina Panthers Charcoal Arch Logo Long Sleeve Shirt