Davis to undergo ACL surgery
Agent Todd France said in an e-mail Friday that Davis will have the surgery on his right knee in Charlotte. It will be performed by Panthers team doctor Pat Connor.
Davis had been contemplated having the surgery performed in Alabama by Dr. James Andrews.
Davis first tore his ACL in a Nov. 8 game at New Orleans. He had been making a speedy recovery until he re-injured his knee Tuesday while backpedaling in a non-contact drill.
The Panthers haven't ruled out Davis returning late this season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey Carolina Panthers Cam Newton #1