Raiders' Seymour signs franchise tag
Williamson: Money Talks
By signing his franchise tender, Richard Seymour ensured he'll be in training camp on time. But really, it was an obvious decision, writes Bill Williamson. Blog
The Raiders announced the move on their website Saturday.
Oakland placed the tag on Seymour in February, making him unable to negotiate with any other teams. Raiders coach Tom Cable said the sides had been working on a long-term deal but Seymour decided to sign the one-year tender.
The Raiders are done with their offseason program so Seymour will join them when training camp starts in Napa on July 28.
The Raiders acquired Seymour just before the start of last season by sending a 2011 first-round pick to New England. Seymour finished with four sacks in 15 games.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Saints bring back RT Strief on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell Oakland Raiders Revolution Speed Football Helmet