Raiders' Seymour signs franchise tag
Williamson: Money Talks
By signing his franchise tender, Richard Seymour ensured he'll be in training camp on time. But really, it was an obvious decision, writes Bill Williamson. Blog
The Raiders announced the move on their website Saturday.
Oakland placed the tag on Seymour in February, making him unable to negotiate with any other teams. Raiders coach Tom Cable said the sides had been working on a long-term deal but Seymour decided to sign the one-year tender.
The Raiders are done with their offseason program so Seymour will join them when training camp starts in Napa on July 28.
The Raiders acquired Seymour just before the start of last season by sending a 2011 first-round pick to New England. Seymour finished with four sacks in 15 games.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Seahawks' Lynch to end holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Oakland Raiders 24 oz Polka Dot Tumbler