Raiders' Seymour signs franchise tag
Williamson: Money Talks
By signing his franchise tender, Richard Seymour ensured he'll be in training camp on time. But really, it was an obvious decision, writes Bill Williamson. Blog
The Raiders announced the move on their website Saturday.
Oakland placed the tag on Seymour in February, making him unable to negotiate with any other teams. Raiders coach Tom Cable said the sides had been working on a long-term deal but Seymour decided to sign the one-year tender.
The Raiders are done with their offseason program so Seymour will join them when training camp starts in Napa on July 28.
The Raiders acquired Seymour just before the start of last season by sending a 2011 first-round pick to New England. Seymour finished with four sacks in 15 games.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products Oakland Raiders 2-Piece GameBall Coffee Mug Set