Gailey won't reveal QB plans
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- New Buffalo Bills coach Chan Gailey has no plans on announcing his No. 1 quarterback anytime soon -- at least not until training camp starts next month.
Gailey said last week that there would be a "pecking order" for the start of camp, but didn't reveal at the close of the Bills' three-day minicamp Friday where Buffalo's three quarterbacks -- Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm -- stand.
Gailey says the competition is close and that he knows in his mind who is at the top of the list.
The coach says nothing is concrete and that everybody still has a chance to win the No. 1 job.
Also Friday, the Bills released defensive back Brett Johnson.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Buffalo Bills Clear String Bag