Cornerback Bly returns to Detroit
DETROIT -- Former Pro Bowl cornerback Dre' Bly is returning to Detroit.
The Lions said Friday that the unrestricted free agent has signed a two-year deal. Additional terms weren't released.
Bly spent four seasons in Detroit after signing as an unrestricted free agent in 2003. He made the Pro Bowl after the 2003 and 2004 seasons before he was traded to Denver following the 2006-07 season for two players and a draft pick.
He was released by the Broncos in February 2009 and played 16 games last year with San Francisco, starting six. Bly made 26 solo tackles for the 49ers, along with a sack and three interceptions.
Detroit also released cornerback Paul Pratt.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Robert Porcher Wall Graphic