Falcons LB James suspended
The suspension begins with Atlanta's first game, at Pittsburgh against the Steelers, and he'll be eligible to return after the Falcons' Oct. 3 game against the San Francisco 49ers.
The 26-year-old James missed last season due to a concussion he suffered in training camp.
Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Matt Ryan Wall Graphic