Falcons LB James suspended
The suspension begins with Atlanta's first game, at Pittsburgh against the Steelers, and he'll be eligible to return after the Falcons' Oct. 3 game against the San Francisco 49ers.
The 26-year-old James missed last season due to a concussion he suffered in training camp.
Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Toddler Atlanta Falcons Red Crayon T-Shirt