Titans' Howard pleads no contest
Howard, who played at Brown University in Providence, was accused in April 2009 of punching and kicking a customer at a bar where he was working as a bouncer. He entered the plea Monday to a charge of simple assault.
Howard's lawyer, Mark Smith, said Tuesday that the plea does not constitute a conviction and that the charge will be expunged from Howard's record if he stays out of trouble for a year.
Smith says Howard wanted to get the case behind him and move on with his life.
The Titans selected Howard in the seventh round.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Tennessee Titans Helmet Logo Wall Graphic