Source: Bradford deal to reset bar
A deal is unlikely to be struck Friday, a league source said, but both the Rams and Bradford's reps are expected to lay the groundwork for what will be the richest contract in NFL history.
The guaranteed money in the deal is expected to be between $45 million and $50 million, the source said.
Both sides are aiming to finalize a deal by the time the Rams open training camp to their rookies on July 28. Bradford was the draft's No. 1 pick out of Oklahoma.
Adam Schefter is an NFL reporter for ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Packers' Rodgers won't play vs. Cowboys
- Fight leads to stabbings after Broncos game
- Vikes' Peterson questionable vs. Eagles
- Source: Late again, Mincey cut by Jaguars
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings St. Louis Rams Softee Football Three-Ball Set