Steelers sign OT Adams to 2-year deal
The Steelers have sought offensive line help since right tackle Willie Colon was lost for the season last month with a torn Achilles' tendon.
The Steelers could play the 35-year-old Adams at right tackle, or shift him to his natural position of left tackle and move Max Starks to the right side.
The 6-foot-7, 340-pound Adams played 12 seasons with Dallas, but was cut last spring before receiving a $2.5 million roster bonus. He worked out with the Steelers last month. Two years ago, Adams signed a six-year contract with Dallas that guaranteed him about $15 million.
The NFL Network first reported the Adams deal.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Source: Jags to meet with Bridgewater again
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Ben Roethlisberger Jersey - Home Limited Pittsburgh Steelers