John Gill unlikely to play in 2010
Team president Bill Polian said Monday that he expects the NFL to place Gill in a roster category that would keep him inactive this season.
Gill was arrested early Sunday after Indianapolis police found him passed out in a ditch. A police report said Gill tried to stand but kept falling over.
The 23-year-old Gill was released from jail after the charge was dropped. Gill played in two games as a rookie with the Colts last season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor practices without favoring his leg
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Indianapolis Colts Sideline 2014 Defender Hybrid Blue Half-zip Jacket