Ickey Woods' 16-year-old son dies
CINCINNATI -- The teenage son of former Cincinnati Bengals running back Ickey Woods has died, days after he collapsed from an asthma attack.
School officials say 16-year-old Elbert Jovante Woods died Saturday night at a Cincinnati hospital.
The teen, who would have started as a cornerback at a local high school this season, was practicing with his varsity football team Wednesday morning. He collapsed later that day and was taken to the hospital.
The younger Woods' football coach says his teammates loved him like a brother. One player held up Woods' jersey for a team photo Saturday.
Ickey Woods is the head coach of the Cincinnati Sizzle, a women's football team.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Giovani Bernard #25