Browns' Nick Sorensen has concussion
Sorensen was immobilized and taken to a hospital after a violent helmet-to-helmet collision in Saturday's loss to the Lions.
Coach Eric Mangini said initial tests on Sorensen were negative but the 10-year veteran and special teams standout will be "resting for a while."
Browns defensive back Ray Ventrone said Sorensen's injury "gave us a scare" but the team was relieved to learn he was doing better.
Sorensen appeared in all 16 games for Cleveland last season. He also plays on the kickoff return unit, which was the NFL's best in 2009.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
- Fins' Starks gets teased as video goes viral
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL PREVIEW
- Riddell Cleveland Browns Proline Authentic Football Helmet