Browns' Nick Sorensen has concussion
Sorensen was immobilized and taken to a hospital after a violent helmet-to-helmet collision in Saturday's loss to the Lions.
Coach Eric Mangini said initial tests on Sorensen were negative but the 10-year veteran and special teams standout will be "resting for a while."
Browns defensive back Ray Ventrone said Sorensen's injury "gave us a scare" but the team was relieved to learn he was doing better.
Sorensen appeared in all 16 games for Cleveland last season. He also plays on the kickoff return unit, which was the NFL's best in 2009.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- No winner in Rams' schedule-guessing game
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL PREVIEW
- '47 Brand Men's Cleveland Browns Clean-Up Adjustable Brown Hat