Al Harris, Atari Bigby on reserve
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers will begin the regular season without two standouts in their secondary.
Check out all the NFL transactions as they cross the wire. Teams must trim their rosters to 75 players by Tuesday, and then the final cut to 53 comes Saturday. Transactions
The Packers have placed cornerback Al Harris and safety Atari Bigby on the reserve/physically unable to perform list, meaning neither player will be eligible to play for the first six weeks of the season.
Bigby had surgery on his left ankle at the beginning of training camp. There had been some hope Harris' surgically repaired left knee would heal in time for the Packers' Sept. 12 opener at Philadelphia.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL PREVIEW
- Antigua Men's Green Bay Packers Elite Polo