Broncos LB Elvis Dumervil put on IR
Dumervil has been expected to miss the entire season since he tore his pectoral muscle early in training camp. The Broncos were holding out hope Dumervil could possibly return very late in the season. But because of several injuries, Denver cannot afford to keep Dumervil on the 53-man roster on the small chance he'd play in 2010.
Stokley is best remembered in Denver for taking a deflected pass into the end zone on a stunning 87-yard pass in the final seconds to beat Cincinnati on opening day last year.
However, the veteran receiver has had trouble staying healthy. A shoulder injury kept Stokley out of some early offseason workouts while a groin injury sidelined him during the preseason.
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Source: Nicks lands in Indy on 1-year deal
- Hall: No 'fisticuffs' on horizon with Sherman
- Ex-Bills QB Kelly has recurrence of cancer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL PREVIEW
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Baltimore Ravens Elvis Dumervil #58