Agent: No Kurt Warner comeback
Long after he retired, well into the summer, former quarterback Kurt Warner received numerous requests from former teammates and people close to the organization to return to football and the Arizona Cardinals.
Even Warner's agent, Mark Bartelstein, called his client shortly after the Cardinals benched Matt Leinart to see if Warner had any interest in returning.
"And he didn't," Bartelstein said. "He was only worried about his posture on 'Dancing With The Stars'."
In fact, Bartelstein regularly called Warner each month to see if the quarterback had given a comeback -- the return so many wanted him to make -- any thought at all.
But no matter how many calls he got, no matter how much some wanted him to return, Warner never flinched. He rode off into the desert sunset.
Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Source: Cowboys sign ex-Browns QB Weeden
- Revis on joining Pats: 'I just wanted to win'
- Saints bring back RT Strief on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Arizona Cardinals 16 oz Logo Wrap Tumbler