Bucs-Steelers blacked out locally
The Bucs also failed to sell out their season opener against Cleveland two weeks ago, making this the club's second regular-season blackout since 1997 - the year before the team moved into Raymond James Stadium.
The team did not say how many tickets remain unsold. Announced attendance for the opener against the Browns was 47,211, although the number of people in the stands appeared to be much smaller. The Bucs list the stadium's capacity as 65,890.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Former QB McNabb spends day in jail for DUI
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 PREVIEW
MNF: PACKERS AT BEARS
HOT READ: CHRIS JOHNSON
EAGLES NAME VICK STARTER
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Antigua Men's Pittsburgh Steelers Elite Polo