John Carney, 46, to kick for Saints
NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Saints activated 46-year-old John Carney for Sunday's home game against the Carolina Panthers and scratched running back Pierre Thomas and safety Roman Harper from the lineup.
Carney signed with the Saints on Tuesday, two days after Garrett Hartley missed a 29-yard overtime field goal in a loss to Atlanta. Hartley remains on the roster but was scratched against Carolina. Ladell Betts was slated to start for Thomas, who hurt his left ankle in last week's loss. Pierson Prioleau was replacing Harper, who strained his right hamstring last week.
The Panthers deactivated tackle Jeff Otah.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Snyder won't intervene with RG III
- Rodgers experiencing pain, status uncertain
- Study: Hits to the head still prevalent in NFL
- Marshall: Cowboys were beat before game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth New Orleans Saints Clear Game Day Pouch