QB Shaun Hill remains Lions' starter
Stafford hasn't played since he injured his right shoulder in the season-opening game at Chicago.
Schwartz says Stafford has begun to throw and his rehabilitation is on schedule. The team hasn't provided a timetable for Stafford's possible return.
The No. 1 pick in the 2009 draft has played in 11 games and will miss his 10th when he watches Detroit face St. Louis about a month after his latest injury.
Hill has completed 60 percent of his passes for 991 yards with five touchdowns and seven interceptions in four games this season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel will work out for Browns
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 PREVIEW
HOT READ: CLAY MATTHEWS
MNF: VIKINGS AT JETS
RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Youth Home Limited Jersey Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford #9