Sources: Nick Barnett out for season
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett is out for the season after suffering a wrist injury similar to the one that ended Brian Urlacher's season last year, two NFL sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Barnett was injured during Sunday's win over the Detroit Lions. He plans to get a second opinion this week, but he has resigned himself to the fact that he will need surgery and will not play football again this season.
Veteran safety Nick Collins sat out practice Wednesday because of a nagging knee injury and his status for Sunday is unclear.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- 49ers, Harbaugh table contract talks for now
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 PREVIEW
HOT READ: CLAY MATTHEWS
MNF: VIKINGS AT JETS
RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Green Bay Packers Giant 8' X 2' Banner