Phil Dawson ties Browns' FG record
CLEVELAND -- Browns kicker Phil Dawson has tied Hall of Famer Lou Groza's franchise record with his 234th career field goal.
Dawson, the only player remaining from Cleveland's 1999 expansion team, drilled a 19-yard field goal in the third quarter Sunday against Atlanta to match Groza, who played for the Browns from 1950-59 and 61-67.
Dawson has 990 points, third on the team's list behind only Groza (1,349) and Don Cockroft (1,080).
Dawson has made 234 of 281 kicks, and his 82.9 percent accuracy is the ninth highest in NFL history.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pack sign WR Nelson to contract extension
- Jaguars WR Shorts out with hamstring strain
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
- Party Animal Cleveland Browns Garden/Window Flag