Police chief apologizes to Adam Jones
Chief Tom Streicher said at a news conference Monday that the police department made a mistake and that Jones did nothing wrong. The chief calls the episode unfortunate.
Police said Jones was questioned after he drove his vehicle over a downtown curb to avoid another vehicle or pedestrian in his way. He was released without a citation or charges.
Witnesses took cell-phone photos and shared them on social media sites with captions claiming -- incorrectly -- that Jones had been arrested. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Monday that Jones was disappointed with the way the matter had been portrayed.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 PREVIEW
HOT READ: ARIAN FOSTER
MNF: Titans at Jaguars, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Men's Cincinnati Bengals "Who Dey" Legend Orange T-Shirt