Chris Ivory charged with assault
METAIRIE, La. -- A prosecutor in the state of Washington says New Orleans Saints rookie running back Chris Ivory has been charged with second-degree assault stemming from an alleged altercation in July 2009.
Whitman County prosecutor Denis Tracy said Wednesday that Ivory, who spent part of his college career with Washington State, is accused of hitting another man in the head with a bottle.
Ivory denies that he committed the alleged crime, which could carry jail time of three to nine months if he is convicted.
Tracy says a court date is still pending. He says his office is willing to work with Ivory to schedule proceedings after the current NFL season as long as such a delay doesn't harm the case.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 PREVIEW
HOT READ: ARIAN FOSTER
MNF: Titans at Jaguars, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Women's Home Limited Jersey New Orleans Saints Jimmy Graham #80