Report: Robaire Smith to be put on IR
The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because of sensitivity to Smith's medical privacy. The person says Smith will be placed on injured reserve on Wednesday due to a back injury.
Smith, who played through bumps and bruises throughout his three-plus seasons with Cleveland, was inactive for Sunday's game in Pittsburgh.
On Monday, Browns coach Eric Mangini said Smith's injury could be long-term and that it was "possible" Smith would go on IR, joining starting linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, who tore a chest muscle and had surgery.
Smith's agent, Michael Harrison, said Smith will seek a second medical opinion.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Rams coach: Sam 'absolutely not' distraction
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 7 PREVIEW
MNF: Giants at Cowboys, 8:30 ET
VIOLENCE IN THE NFL
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Cleveland Browns Joe Haden #23