Darren Sharper hopes to play
Wearing a brace on his left knee, Sharper practiced for the first time this season on Wednesday. He began the season on the physically unable to perform list while recovering from microfracture surgery.
Now in his 14th season, Sharper says he feels fresh and in shape and doesn't really feel rusty.
Saints coach Sean Payton described Sharper's first day of practice as "pretty good." Payton stopped short of saying Sharper would play this weekend and added that he would be evaluated daily.
The Saints have about three weeks before they must either activate Sharper, place him on injured reserve or release him.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 7 PREVIEW
MNF: Giants at Cowboys, 8:30 ET
VIOLENCE IN THE NFL
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Aminco New Orleans Saints Gold Lanyard