Prosecutors won't charge Junior Seau
SAN DIEGO -- Prosecutors in San Diego won't charge former NFL star Junior Seau after his live-in girlfriend alleged she was assaulted.
The San Diego County district attorney's office said Friday that it reached its decision after reviewing an investigation by Oceanside police. The office declined to elaborate in a brief statement.
The 41-year-old Seau was arrested early Monday on suspicion of domestic violence. Police said his 25-year-old girlfriend reported that she was assaulted during an argument.
The former standout linebacker for the San Diego Chargers quickly posted bail. A few hours later, his SUV plunged down a seaside cliff. Seau escaped serious injury.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
MORE FROM ESPN LOS ANGELES
- Antigua Men's New England Patriots Navy Brilliant Polo