Chain crew member injured during game
Al Nastasi Jr.'s son said Sunday night that his father was in the neuro intensive care unit at Ochsner Hospital. Al Nastasi III declined to go into details about his father's injury, saying he wanted to wait until doctors had more time to monitor the situation.
New Orleans' Courtney Roby was running at full speed after a Saints punt when he was shoved out of bounds and collided with Nastasi, knocking him down. Paramedics rushed to his aid, giving him intravenous fluids and carting him off the field. He appeared to be conscious but was not moving as he was taken from the field.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- No winner in Rams' schedule-guessing game
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 7 COVERAGE
- Antigua Men's New Orleans Saints Pique Xtra-Lite White Polo