Mike Goodson to start for Panthers
DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and Tyrell Sutton all missed practice again Friday with injuries and won't play against the Buccaneers. Goodson will be promoted to starter for the NFL's 26th-ranked rushing unit.
Goodson has 99 yards rushing and no touchdowns in two NFL seasons. Behind him are Josh Vaughan, a rookie signed Tuesday, and Andre Brown, who was claimed off waivers from Indianapolis this week.
It gives rookie quarterback Jimmy Clausen little certainty in the run game as he makes his fourth start for the Panthers (1-7).
Carolina has also signed quarterback Brian St. Pierre to the practice squad and released linebacker Sean Ware.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
- Bad hair day: Skins rookie regrets new 'do
- Source: Giants unsure if Wilson can return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 10 PREVIEW
HOT READ: NEW QB WAVE
FALCONS 26, RAVENS 21
MNF: Eagles at Redskins, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Carolina Panthers DeAngelo Williams #34