Hines Ward passes tests, practices
Ward's streak of catching a pass in 186 consecutive games ended when he sustained a concussion during a 39-26 loss to the New England Patriots on Sunday, forcing him to sit out the final three quarters.
Ward said he had no trouble passing the memory and judgment tests given players after they have a concussion.
While the Steelers rarely practice in full pads, coach Mike Tomlin chose to have such a workout Wednesday -- an apparent response to the way they played against New England.
Sitting out were safety Troy Polamalu (Achilles) and safety Will Allen (concussion). Doing limited work were linebacker Lawrence Timmons (hip), guard Chris Kemoeatu (ankle) and defensive end Brett Keisel (hamstring).
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 11 PREVIEW
TOM BRADY VS. PEYTON MANNING
HOT READ: VIKINGS' CIRCUS
THURS. NIGHT: Bears 16, Dolphins 0
MNF: Broncos at Chargers, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- NFL Team Apparel Boys' Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forward Black T-Shirt